So some of the people who have talked to me have suggested a survey.
I figured I would start brainstorming a list of possible questions/topics for it:
- Do you have a diagnosis of an ASD? Do you believe you should have one?
- How old were you when you were professionally diagnosed? (self diagnosed?)
- Have you even experienced any form of sexual, physical, emotional, of psychological abuse? (if no, continue to question #
- Have you had more than separate experience (with a different abuser)?
- Have you been subjected to ongoing or repeated abuse by one (or a group of) abusers?
- If you feel comfortable, please elaborate as much as you can about the types of abuse.
- At the time of the first incidence, had you been diagnosed with an ASD? (if no, continue to questions #10)
- Was the abuser (or were the abusers) aware of your diagnosis?
- Do you believe that your diagnosis (either their awareness of it or the characteristics you possessed) had an effect on any of the events in a significant way? (continue to question 11)
- Do you think that if you had already received a diagnosis prior to that point it would have affected any of the events significantly?
- To be continued…please feel free to give suggestions